History of Radiosurgery
Our newsletter used to focus on the History of Radiosurgery in specific countries. Over the years this initiative, run by Roberto Spiegelmann, MD, has provided a historical overview of this fascinating, ever-evolving therapeutic practice.
As part of ISRS board’s ongoing commitment to offer unique insight into the historical as well as evolutionary aspects of Radiosurgery, most issues of our newsletter now include an interview to the pioneers who have greatly contributed to the advances in this field.
Find hereunder the most fascinating tails of the History of Radiosurgery narrated sometimes by the major players:
- Interview with Prof. Michel Schlienger (France, 2016)
- Interview with Prof. Osvaldo Betti (Argentina, 2016)
- Interview with Prof. Federico Colombo (Italy, 2016)
- History of LINAC Radiosurgery by Alessandra Gorgulho (2015)
- History of CyberKnifeTM Radiosurgery: How 2 decades of Image guided Precision have shaped radiosurgery by Iris C. Gibb (UK, 2015)
- History of gamma knife by Jeremy Ganz (2015)
- History of Radiosurgery by Ben Slotman (The Netherlands, 2012)
- History of Radiosurgery in Korea (2012)
- History of Radiosurgery by Antonio de Salles (Brazil, 2011)
- History of Radiosurgery in Canada (2010)
- History of Radiosurgery in Spain Dr. Kita Sallabanda Diaz (2010)